Sometimes I think it’s easy to get caught up making meals more complicated than necessary. This is a really basic all-in-one rice cooker recipe that I return to regularly. I love the colours and its sweet savory taste. As plain rice dishes go, this ones a winner!
|Rice with Green Peas and Sweet Corn|| |
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ cup of green peas
- ½ cup of sweetcorn
- soy sauce (2 tsp)
- Wash rice (see How to Wash Rice)
- Add rice to rice cooker cooking bowl.
- Add water up to the level 1 mark for white rice.
- Measure out ½ a rice cooker cup of green peas. Then top up with ½ cup of sweetcorn.
- Add the vegetables to the rice cooker cooking bowl.
- Measure out 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and add to the cooking bowl.
- Make sure the outside of the cooking bowl is dry.
- Return to the rice cooker, select the white rice cycle and press start.