Making high carb rice cooker recipes is so simple. The trick is to discover what works best. I’m finding that using the sweetest fruit gives the tastiest results. The other day I tried a persimmon and rice pudding. While the raw persimmons were pretty sweet, I don’t think they had enough sugar to make a delicious rice pudding, it turned out tasting almost bitter…not plesant!
So I’ve gone back to the sweet stuff. Have you ever tried a banana and date smoothie? It’s good stuff. Turns out, they make a nice and sweet rice pudding too. Adding cinammon gives it another dimension too! This is a good one.
|Banana and Date Rice Pudding|| |
- ½ cup short grain white rice (74g)
- 2 bananas (peeled 130g)
- 2 dates (pitted 32g)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Wash the rice as normal (see How to Wash Rice).
- Peel and mash the bananas then add them to the rice.
- Chop the dates and add them to the cooking bowl.
- Top up the cooking bowl with water to level 0.5 for Rice Porridge.
- Dry off the exterior of the cooking bowl, put it back into your rice cooker and close the lid. Then select the "porridge" option and press start.