I love making my own nut milks. Or rather, I love drinking home made nut milks. Cleaning up after making them can be a bit of a pain! But it’s definitely worth it. These days, I’m making up batches of almond milk (adding a some dates to make it super tasty).
Personally I find 100% milk and porridge recipes to be a bit rich and they’ve been coming out a bit stodgy in my rice cooker. So I reduced the amount of nut milk I cooked with and added water instead. I really like the consistency of this porridge!
|Almond Milky Steel Cut Oats and Date Porridge|| |
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 3 or 4 dates (depending on size and how sweet you like it)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1¼ cups of water
- Chop the dates into a mush.
- Add all the ingredients to the rice cooker cooking bowl.
- Cook on the 'porridge' setting.
- Top with more almond milk when serving.