I re-hydrated a huge batch of black beans the other day for some bean burgers and still had plenty left over. This all-in-one rice cooker recipe is super quick to prepare and tastes pretty damn fine! I based the recipe on my buddy Tom’s bean burrito chili.
|All-in-one Rice Cooker Chili|| || |
- 1 cup of rice (I used mostly white with a little bit of brown) - 150g
- 1 can of tinned chopped tomatoes (400g)
- ½ an onion (80g)
- 150g re-hydrated/cooked black beans
- 35g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon vegan bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper powder
- black pepper
- Wash the rice as normal (see how to wash rice). Drain off all the water.
- Chop the onion and add to the cooking bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Use water to fill up the cooking bowl to the 2.5 level for white rice.
- Dry off the outside of the cooking bowl, return to the rice cooker, choose the 'White Rice' program and press start.
The next time I buy my Vegan Bouillon powder, I’m going to choose the Low Sodium one. That’ll bring the total sodium for this recipe down to less than 600mg.